If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Using this versatile chutney made from fresh cilantro leaves, coconut and mint leaves and a kick of green chilli, make this authentic chicken curry which can be made in two stages. You can make the cilantro chutney in advance and store in fridge for up to 5 days and make up the base of this chicken curry when ready to cook. Or you can cook up the base with the cilantro chutney and add raw chicken and simmer until cooked. A great little dish to have for a desk lunch with either plain basmati rice or naan bread. Also a pretty awesome topping for a jacket potato. A fantastic layer in you lunch tiffin too ! —My Tamarind Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds / cilantro seeds
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 inch pieces ginger, grated
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieceschio and
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 green chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup Greek full fat yogurt
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and once hot, add the cinnamon, star anise, cumin and coriander seeds. Once they begin to splutter, add onions, ginger and garlic. Cook until light brown.
- Turn heat down and add chicken a seal. While doing this, add mint, turmeric, full fat yogurt, cilantro and green chilli in a blender and blend until a smooth paste.
- Add this to sealed chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes, turn down heat, cover pan and cook until the oil rises to the top of the curry and you're left with a thick sauce / curry and the chicken is cooked though, this should take about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with rice.