If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Zucchini, tomatoes, and olives lighten up this warm and tender risotto dish. —elizabeth | LocalSavour
for the risotto
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - divided 2+1
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic - minced
- 5-6 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese - grated
- Place a large heavy duty pan, over medium heat, sauté onion in 2 Tablespoons olive oil (set aside other 1 Tablespoon) and butter for 3 minutes. Add rice and garlic, stirring for about 1-2 minutes until risotto starts to sound like beach glass. Stir in white wine and let reduce while continuing to stir. Stir in 1 cup of broth; continue cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed. Gradually stir in remaining broth 1 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding the next cup until risotto is ala dente –– or cook a bit longer if desired. Remove risotto from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- 2 medium zucchini - chopped into 2 inch strips
- 2 cups small tomatoes - teardrop, sungolds, sweet 100's or cherry
- 1 cup Kalamata olives - pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary - finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large saute pan add remaining olive oil and place over medium high heat. Next add in zucchini and tomatoes, give a gentle stir then let sit for 2-3 minutes. Let sides of the zucchini begin to get slightly golden and the tomatoes begin to split open a bit. Stir a couple of times and let sit for another 1-2 minutes. Next add in the olives, rosemary, salt and pepper and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Until zucchini and tomatoes are tender and golden. Remove from heat stir in fresh basil. Top mixture onto risotto and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash