If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Zucchini + Sweet Corn in Pancake Form = a whole lotta yum! Top them with sour cream, butter, honey, or even maple syrup. —elizabeth | LocalSavour
- 1 1/2 cups stone-ground corn meal
- 2 cups zucchini - grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil - chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2-2 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Place corn meal, zucchini, basil, salt and honey into a large bowl. Next, slowly add the boiling water a little at a time and stir well to remove the lumps. Add water until desired consistency is reached -- it should be slightly thick and not too thin, similar to pancake batter. Once lump free, let it sit for 5-10 minutes to absorb some of the water. Give a gentle stir, adding a bit more water if needed. Next, place a large heavy duty skillet over medium heat, add butter and let it start to melt to coat the pan.
- Once the pan is coated, pour a 1/4 cup of the corn cake mixture into the pan and gently pat flat into about 2 1/2" -3" cake size. Continue the process until the pan is covered yet cakes are evenly spaced out in the pan. Let cakes cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
- Once golden, flip and continue to cook the other side for another 2-4 minutes or until golden. Repeat process until all of the cake batter is used. Serve as a side dish, or main course. Top with butter, maple syrup or sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash