If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple, and yet richly flavored, this quinoa bowl coaxes maximum flavor by roasting its two main ingredients—zucchini and scallions—then adds a salty zing with fresh feta, and an herbaceous note by way of basil. —Merav
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (from 1 cup uncooked)
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 cup fresh feta cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonaded
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Slice the zucchini into batons, about two inches long, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Slice the scallions into 2-inch lengths, and add to the sheet. Drizzle liberally with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until caramelised, about 25 minutes total, tossing the vegetables every so often to ensure even cooking.
- To assemble, layer the bottom of your bowl with quinoa, top with the roasted vegetables, sprinkle with feta and basil, and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash