If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fun and healthy test on ravioli. Completely vegan, however I added beef ragu as the sauce. It is stuffed with a beautifully delicious rosemary garlic "ricotta" cheese. —Raychel Kill
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut zucchini into long strips. I used a mandolin but a very sharp knife or large vegetable peeler would also work. I made enough strips to make 15 ravioli.
- Combine all other ingredients together in a food processor. To get a ricotta like consistently do not process too long. There should be some graininess to the texture.
- Place one strip of zucchini over another to form a cross. Place about 1 tbsp of cashew ricotta on the middle of the cross.
- Seal up ravioli by overlapping one corner on top of another. You may need to trim the edges to make them all fit properly. Continue these steps until you have made as many as you want.
- At this point you can serve as is or heat up a 1/2 tsp of oil in a skillet and sear the tops and bottoms of each ravioli. If you are finding the ravioli is falling apart while you do this, you can skewer them to help hold together.
- Zucchini ravioli is best served immediately but you could make everything a day or two ahead and put the ravioli together the day you want to serve them.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash