If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This strudel is very popular, especially in continental Croatia. My mom's original recipe is made with light green young pumpkin and farmer cheese, now I use zucchini and ricotta. Most of the time I am making homemade dough but sometimes an easier way is to just buy phyllo dough and you are halfway there. —anka
Serves: many people
grams phyllo dough
zucchinis, grated (approximately 1KG),
grams ricotta cheese
grams sour cream
oil or melted butter to brush the phyllo sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grate zucchini, season with 1 tsp salt and leave approx 20-30 min, squeeze with your hands to get all water out and then mixed with ricotta cheese, eggs, sour cream and 1 tsp salt.
- Put one sheet phyllo dough on the table and brush with melted butter or oil, place a second sheet of the first dough, also brush with the butter or oil, put the filling on 1/3 of the prepared phyllo sheets and roll into a strudel. Repeat with the other dough and filling. You will have 6 rolls.
- Brush with butter or oil and put in the oven. Bake about 25-30 minutes Serve hot or room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe