Author Notes: This strudel is very popular, especially in continental Croatia. My mom's original recipe is made with light green young pumpkin and farmer cheese, now I use zucchini and ricotta. Most of the time I am making homemade dough but sometimes an easier way is to just buy phyllo dough and you are halfway there. —anka
Serves: many people
grams phyllo dough
zucchinis, grated (approximately 1KG),
grams ricotta cheese
grams sour cream
oil or melted butter to brush the phyllo sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grate zucchini, season with 1 tsp salt and leave approx 20-30 min, squeeze with your hands to get all water out and then mixed with ricotta cheese, eggs, sour cream and 1 tsp salt.
- Put one sheet phyllo dough on the table and brush with melted butter or oil, place a second sheet of the first dough, also brush with the butter or oil, put the filling on 1/3 of the prepared phyllo sheets and roll into a strudel. Repeat with the other dough and filling. You will have 6 rolls.
- Brush with butter or oil and put in the oven. Bake about 25-30 minutes Serve hot or room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe