If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this salad constantly during the summer: it's crazy easy to pull together, and it pairs well with and/or sauces so many summer favorites: grilled chicken or skirt steak, fish prepared almost any way. It's lovely with goat cheese or mozzarella on toast. I often eat it for lunch, straight from the bowl. —Cristina Sciarra
Makes 4 side portions
- 1 medium-large (275 grams) zucchini, sliced into wisp-thin coins
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup thin Parmesan shavings
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini coins with the kosher salt and lemon juice. Let the zucchini sit for 15 minutes, until it slackens. Stir in the pepitas, Parmesan shavings, and a couple cracks of black pepper. (If you have the parsley on hand, add that too.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash