If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The raspberry tang and the basil tartness in a single scoop. The basil "flecks" transform it from plain to pretentious. Juicy, refreshing and aromatic. What`s not to love? —goodgalsasha
pounds golden raspberries
green basil leaves
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar and the water and make the simple syrup by boiling them down together.
- In a blender combine the raspberries and the chilled syrup and whizz on high. Run the mixture through a very fine mesh sieve to get rid of all the seeds. Return the sieved mixture back into the blender, add 15 medium sized basil leaves and whizz on high again. Transfer into a clean jug and cool in the refrigerator overnight.
- Freeze the sorbet in the ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. Keep in an airtight container in the freezer or scoop right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Thing You Ate This Year
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe