If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All your Southern favorites on one plate! —garlic and zest
for the salad:
- 1 1/2 cups leftover cornbread, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 1 ear corn, husk and silk removed,
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1 ripe peach, peeled and pitted, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup mixed cherry and grape tomatoes
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced country ham (can substitute, prosciutto or chopped cooked bacon)
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans (recipe on this site)
- 2 tablespoons chopped, white onion
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil from about 5 large basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1 lemon, zested
- Add all ingredients to a heavy duty blender. Process until smooth. Taste for seasoning, adding salt or pepper if needed. Transfer to a bowl or jar and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the cornbread on a cookie sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Using your hands, toss the cornbread to coat with the olive oil. Bake for 7-8 minutes, then stir and bake an additional 8-10 minutes until cornbread is browned and crisp. Set aside. Arrange the arugula on a large platter. Set aside. Use a sharp knife to remove the corn from the cob. Sprinkle the corn kernels over the arugula. Sprinkle on the red onion, scallions, peaches, tomatoes, country ham and glazed pecans. Top with croutons. Serve with buttermilk dressing!