If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect wrap for a picnic. Lay a blanched collard green over a tortilla and fill with chicken salad spiked with curry. For a gluten free version, skip the tortilla and use just the greens. —Early Morning Farm
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hot, madras curry powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- 4 large, whole-grain tortillas
- 8 collard green leaves
- Combine chicken, curry powder, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix to combine, then fold in the raisins and cashews. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Prep collard greens. Rinse leaves, pat dry. Chop off the stem at the base of the leaf, then use a sharp knife to shave down the stem. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the leaves, cook for a minute, then use tongs to pull the leaves from the boiling water. Immediately rinse with cold water, then pat each leaf dry as you assemble the wraps.
- Assemble the wraps. Lay a tortilla flat on a clean kitchen counter, spread 2 dry collard leaves over the wrap, then place about 1/2 cup chicken salad near the bottom of the leaf. Fold the bottom of the wrap up and the sides in, then roll like a burrito. Place seam side down on a platter. Cut each wrap diagonally and arrange on a platter to serve.