If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here, Thai iced tea is deconstructed and made into an exotic and refreshing dessert: strong, spicy tea granita—a tad bitter—with super-rich sweet milk. Really simple; really good. —Alice Medrich
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Thai tea leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the tea leaves, cover, and let steep for 7 minutes.
- Pour the tea through a coffee filter or a sieve lined with a double layer of paper towels. Discard the tea leaves. Stir the sugar into the tea until dissolved. Pour the tea into a shallow pan and put it in the freezer until almost completely frozen, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Use a fork to scrape and break the mixture into shards or crystals. Return the pan to the freezer to freeze completely.
- Meanwhile, mix the condensed milk with the whole milk. Chill in the refrigerator.
- When the granita is frozen, scrape and toss it one more time with the fork. Keep frozen until serving.
- To serve, divide the milk mixture among six glasses and top with the tea granita.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes:
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts