If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love one bowl cakes. Fast, easy and less cleanup at the end. Just keep adding the ingredients until everything is mixed well and it’s done. I saw huge figs at the market the other day and got some to decorate this cake. They were so nice and sweet. For the batter, I used dried figs and shredded zucchini which I squeezed until it was dry. This cake is very moist and I love the little crunch that the fig seeds give. —Cravings in Amsterdam
Makes 1 cake
For the Cake:
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
- ¼ cup of milk
- 6 dried figs, chopped
- 1 or 2 fresh figs, thinly sliced
- Mint leaves
- Honey for brushing over the fig slices
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line the bottom of the cake mold with parchment paper. Lightly grease and flour the edges of the mold.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, vanilla and egg. Then add the zucchini and oil. Mix well. Then add all the dry ingredients. Finish by adding the milk and figs. Mix until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake mold. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once the cake is baked, allow it to cool down completely. Then remove it from the cake mold. Arrange the fig slices over the top of the cake. Brush some honey over each fig slice and finally decorate with some mint leaves. Store it, covered in the fridge.