If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my all time favourite pudding ever! its completely dairy free, processed sugar free and vegan! i am super proud of this one, when i first tried it warm out the oven and covered in gorgeous caramel sauce, i just melted. i haven't been able to eat this in so long, and have drooled longingly over restaurant menus so many times, wishing i could somehow cheat by body into not realising how much cream was actually in it. but at last, i have solved it! if you want to wow your dinner guests this is a sure fire hit, and if you want to have one of those nights in where you truly indulge all to yourself, this is you go to. and the best thing, it is actually pretty good for you! its full of natural sugars, healthy protein and inflammation fighting properties. theres basically no excuse you could come up with not to make this, so get baking! —The All Natural Cure
sticky toffee pudding
- 250 grams spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 200 grams coconut oil (melted)
- 400 grams soft dates (pureed with a splash of almond milk)
- 100 milliliters almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon maca powder (optional)
- 50 grams cashews (soaked overnight)
- 100 milliliters water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 75 grams coconut sugar
- preheat your oven to 180c/350f and line the bottom a square 10 inch tin with baking parchment.
- mix all the cake ingredients together so that they are thoroughly combined.
- spread the batter evenly into your cake tin and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool whilst you make the caramel sauce.
- to make the caramel sauce, blend the soaked cashews, water to make a smooth cashew cream.
- heat the cashew cream in a pan over a medium heat with the coconut sugar, stirring continuously for a few minutes until thick and caramelly.
- portion you cake into 8 pieces, top with a good pour of the toffee sauce and a scoop of your favourite vegan ice cream and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe