If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A trio of vegan curries served over a bed of warm rice. Perfectly spiced, creamy and warming for the coming Autumn months. —Chloe Graffeo
Serves 4 people
- 2 cups Fresh Pineapple, chopped
- 2 cups Red Beets
- 2 cups Raw Cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1.5 cups canned coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 piece cinnamon bark
- 1.5 cups Basmati rice
- 3/4 white onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- Add pineapple, beets and drained cashews to three separate saucepans along with 1/2 cup of the coconut milk in each pan. Turn the heat to medium.
- once the curries start to simmer, distribute the onion and pepper evenly amongst the three curries and stir.
- then add 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon turmeric 1 teaspoon salt and a sliver of cinnamon bark to each pan, then stir.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and let the curries simmer for 10-15 minutes--until they thicken up a bit. Check on them and add water 1/4 cup at a time if the coconut milk has absorbed too quickly.
- In the meantime prepare the rice by pouring it into a pan and covering it with water until there is about a half inch water above the rice. Cover and bring to a boil. Once the rice is boiling turn down to low and let simmer until all the water is absorbed.
- Once the curries have thickened up to a thick soupy texture, you can add more salt, curry powder for a stronger taste, or chili powder if you like it spicy, you decide!
- To serve, spoon a heft helping of rice in the center of a plate. Ladel the three curries around the rice. Add a dollop of store bought mango chutney and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe