If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been making this recipe since high school, when my friend introduced me to these gooey cheese balls with cavernous interiors and a crunchy skin. I love using sharp cheddar cheese but you can also use Parmesan, Asiago, mild cheddar, Swiss, or whatever hard cheese you are loving right now. These are also amazing with a sprinkle of blue cheese added to the tops right before baking. —Hannah Petertil
Makes: 12 large cheesy breads
cup canola oil
cup whole milk
cups tapioca flour
cup (about 4 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375° F and lightly grease a 12 count muffin pan.
- In a food processor with blade attachment, add egg, oil, milk, and salt. Blend for 5 seconds.
- Add tapioca flour and blend on low for 10 seconds, or until combined.
- Add your cheese and blend for 5 more seconds, allowing the cheese to incorporate.
- Using a tablespoon measure, fill each muffin tin with 2 tablespoons of the batter. Evenly distribute any batter that remains.
- Bake for 25 minutes—the tops of your cheesy balls should be golden and puffy. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before removing from pan. These are best enjoyed the same day but will keep in an airtight container. However, they will lose some of their signature crunch on day two.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!