If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'll be the first to admit I have a problem. I'm obsessed with summer's tomatoes!! I can't NOT buy them at the market when I see them.....calling to me. This is a very simple but pretty salad that celebrates the best of summer. Enjoy :-) —Whats4Dinner
Simple balsamic reduction
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup figs, stemmed and quartered
- 2 rounds of Miyoko's vegan mozzarella, sliced
- Get your balsamic reduction going first. It's really challenging...NOT! In a small sauce pan, add the vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally till it becomes sort of thick and coats the back of your spoon. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- On a lovely serving platter place your washed arugula, then the rest of the ingredients on top in an appetizing way.
- Just drizzle your balsamic reduction over your salad and voila!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
More Great Recipes: