If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bourbon macerated Bing cherries are added to a rich cashew creme, coconut milk and whole vanilla bean base and lightly sweetened with brown sugar and maple syrup. —Traci York
- 1 3/4 cups Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Whole Vanilla Bean
- 1 cup Pitted Fresh Sweet Cherries such as Bing, quartered and halved
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Raw Cashews, soaked in very hot water for 1 hour or soaked in room temp. water overnight, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Place the ice cream maker freezer container in the freezer 24 hours prior to making the ice cream. In a small saucepot add the coconut milk, vanilla beans and pod. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and allow to steep, for at least 10 minutes and cool while the cherries are prepped.
- In a lidded container, add the cherries, maple syrup, bourbon, and extract. Lid and store in the fridge until just before churning.
- Before churning, strain the cherries, reserving the bourbon mixture. Pour the bourbon mixture into the cashew base mixture and stir well.
- Churn the base according to manufactures directions (mine took 25 minutes).
- Spoon the ice cream into the loaf pan. Pressing the ice cream down into the pan making sure there are no air gaps. Store in the loaf pan, placing parchment directly on top of the ice cream and then place it in a plastic storage bag (I use an old bread bag).
- The ice cream is ready when it is the desired consistency. It can be served right away if soft serve is desired. If a more firm, yet slightly soft, ice cream is desired, allow to rest overnight.
- Store covered in the freezer for up to a week.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe