If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not just another salad! This one has tender black rice, soft mozzarella, crunchy bell peppers, tomatoes and a tangy lemon vinaigrette! —garlic and zest
for the salad:
- 2 cups cooked black rice, at room temperature
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut to 1/2" dice
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut to 1/2" dice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut to 1/2" dice
- 2 cups kale leaves, tough stems removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
for the lemon vinaigrette:
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Combine the rice, bell peppers, onion, tomato, mozzarella and kale into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic until emulsified.
- Add the basil, mint and dressing to the salad and toss well to combine. Serve.