If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A beautiful lunch salad filled with spicy arugula, sweet golden beets, and salty halloumi cheese. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 4 Medium golden beets
- 1/3 cup Walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4 Large handfuls of baby arugula
- 3/4 cup Chopped walnuts
- 1/4 pound Halloumi cheese, cut into ½ inch thick squares
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil. Add beets and cook until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together walnut oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, cumin, and salt in a small bowl. Pour over arugula and toss to coat. Stir in walnuts.
- When beets are cooked, run them under cold water until they’re cool enough to touch. Using your hands, peel off skin. Slice beets into ½ inch rounds.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add pieces of halloumi and cook until they are golden brown. Flip and repeat on other side.
- Divide arugula among four plates. Top with beets, fried halloumi, and freshly ground black pepper.