If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious crispy herb and garlic
potato pancake with creamy vegan aioli.....comfort food
at its best! —Marci Lutken
Makes 20 rosti
- 2.5 pounds potatoes ( about 6 medium) well scrubbed, skin left on
- Half red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh dill - stems removed
- 2.5 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic
- 3 teaspoons sea salt ( Maldon or Himalayan)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 lemons ( juice of)
- 1 teaspoon light agave
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 packet silken tofu
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder ( Keens)
- Par boil potatoes for 8 min. Drain then cool. Best left overnight. Grate potatoes (skin on) into a large mixing bowl. Blitz garlic, onion and dill in food processor until incorporated and texture is fine. Add to potatoes, mix, add sea salt and flour. Mix. Form into patties. I use a 1/3 cup as a 'scoop' to get a uniform size. Fry off a small amount to see if more salt needs to be added. Potatoes need salt so add to taste! Heat oil in fry pan and over medium heat fry in small batches. Turning once. Keep warm and serve with aioli.
- To make the aioli...drain tofu and add to food processor. Add minced garlic, curry powder, salt, agave and lemon juice. Blitz until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning to taste.. Will keep in fridge for 3-4 days and delicious with steamed veggies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe