If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe represents what I love about the end of the summer. Fresh corn in a salad with the last good tomatoes. Some avocado for the creaminess, quinoa to make it more consistent, topped with crumbled feta. A southern-inspired dressing to spice things up. —Charlotte I The Fox + The Knife
Serves 4 as a side, 2 as a main course
- 1 ear of corn
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocado, diced
- 100 grams feta, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch of espelette pepper (or other mild pepper)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Remove and discard the green outer husk and silky threads from the corn. Cook the ear of corn for 5 minutes then cool in a cold water bath. Remove the corn kernels and reserve in a bowl
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water. Put the quinoa and twice its volume in water in a pot and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes with a lid. Let it stand for 5 minutes
- Make the dressing : mix the olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, cumin, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper
- Add the tomatoes, avocado, quinoa and corn. Stir well
- Top with the crumbled feta and serve