If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crisps are some of my favorite desserts. They are easy to make and so versatile. This one is full of apples for fall and it's vegan, but no matter your dietary preferences you'll love it. —Laura Dembowski
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together oats, pecans, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Add oil and stir until clumps of various sizes form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Stir until all of the apples are well coated.
- Pour the apple mixture into an 8-inch square pan. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apple mixture. Place pan on a large foil lined baking sheet to catch any juices that may bubble over during baking. Bake 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown and the juices are bubbling.
- Crisp is best served warm out of the oven, but may be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It may be eaten cold or reheated in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe