If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Homemade Mexican Tomatillo salsa —maayeka
- 8 tomatillo
- 3 green chilies
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Remove the husk from the tomatillo and wash them well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Place tomatillo and green chilies on it and broil for about 5-7 minutes on high heat till the top become black.
- To grill in a pan- grease the pan and put tomatillo and grill till they get black spots and then flip the side and cook from both the sides.
- Add the cooked tomatillo, chilies, sugar, salt , fresh coriander,olive oil,lemon juice in the blender jar
- Pulse until it mix properly ,but don't over grind it .
- Check the seasoning and keep it refrigerated in a glass jar.
- Serve with chips or nachos.
- Note- No need to peel the tomatillo after grilling. You can also add few slices of avocado while blending the salsa to make it more healthy and creamier. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste,can make more spicier or milder.