Author Notes: I have a recipe on food52, Haya's Wax Beans or Green Beans, that serves as the base for this dish. Haya's beans were very good as leftovers, but even better when grilled sausages, grilled peppers, and a little wine were added for a next-day dinner. The sausages and peppers can be grilled stove top as well, and then can be added to the beans and sauce - easy! We serve with angel hair pasta, parmesan cheese to sprinkle, and good, crusty bread to sop up sauce. —Bevi
leftovers from Haya's wax beans or green beens: https://food52.com/recipes...
large links of sweet sausage
red bell peppers
1/2 to 3/4
cups dry white wine
- Place the leftover beans on the stove top, over low heat. Cut each sausage into 6 pieces. Cut the red peppers into 2-inch chunks.
- Fry the sausage pieces in a sauté or grill pan, turning sausages until pieces are browned on all sides. Do not discard any fat that accumulates in the pan. Put the sausage into the sauce.
- Fry the peppers in the same grill pan until they blister and then add to the sauce.
- Add the wine, stir, and cook covered on low heat for about 15 minutes, or until all the flavors have melded.
- Serve with pasta of your choice, making sure to stir in about a half cup of cooked pasta water to the pot of sausage and peppers before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal