If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cook a delicious summer vegetable stir fry with sugar snap peas, cabbage, peanuts and more, in 25 minutes! Great transition meal into the Fall.
My full article here: http://lovethesecretingredient.net/2015/08/24/super-quick-chicken-and-summer-vegetables-stir-fry/ —MaryFrancesCooks
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 handfuls sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 3/4 large red pepper, cut into 1/4" strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/2 small head of cabbage, cut into 1/4" strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons V8 juice
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sesame oil for drizzling
- 1 cup steamed Basmati white rice
- Prepare your rice according to the package directions. I cooked 1 cup of dry rice in 1 1/2 cup of water with a little salt. Start this cooking first as it must simmer for 15 – 20 minutes and sit for 5 minutes afterwards.
- Wash and dry the chicken thighs. Remove all fat and cut into ½” strips. Warm the sesame oil on medium heat. Add the chicken and let that brown and cook stirring often while you prepare the other vegetables. After about 10 minutes, add the garlic and wine and raise the heat to let the wine flavor your meat and reduce to 2 Tbs.
- Then add all the vegetables and the soy sauce and stir until the veggies are crisp tender and the chicken is done.
- Drizzle on the V-8 juice and toss all to combine. Taste and see if it needs any salt and pepper. Mine did not.
- Remove from heat. Portion out the steamed rice into shallow bowls and place the chicken vegetable stir-fry on top. Drizzle on a tiny bit of hot sesame oil, garnish with peanuts and scallions and serve with LOVE and chopsticks.