If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The beauty of this dish that you can use whatever veggies and spices you have or like. This red lentil and sweet potato stew with pumpkin, kale and carrots is just one version. Perfect to use up any leftover veggies. —greenevi
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 hokkaido
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons dried sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Melt oil in a large pot, chop garlic and onion finely and add to the pot. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash very well carrots, pumpkin and sweet potato and with the skin on cut them into small pieces. Once onions are translucent add the spices and stir well together for a minute.
- Add all the veggies, tomato puree and water and bring to a boil then turn it down to a simmer. Cook for 35-40 minutes or until everything is soft. Serve with fresh herbs and lemon juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal