If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a medley of beautiful and vibrant veggies, doused in the simplest of tomato sauces, heaps of olive oil & simply baked till everything gets to know each other and becomes caramelised and grarly —Noha
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium regular potato
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 small bunch fresh oregano (or 2 tsp. dried)
- 250 grams green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups tomato puree (passata)
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Wash and slice your potatoes, eggplant, zucchini & tomatoes so that they are all roughly the same thickness and size (about 1cm thick). Cut the larger slices in halves or quarters. I don’t peel anything (yummier and so much more nutritious!) but feel free to do as you please.
- Grease an oven-proof dish with a bit of olive oil. I like to use my cast iron pot but any baking dish will do. Place both potatoes in first, season with a little salt and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Sprinkle some oregano leaves. Toss lightly to coat.
- Repeat with the eggplant, then zucchini, onions & garlic, tomatoes & finally the green beans. Once you have got all of your veggies in the dish, pour over the tomato puree and kinda shake the dish a bit and poke around with a spoon (or use your fingers like I do) to get it all in there. Place a bunch of cherry tomatoes on the vine on top if you like for decoration.
- Finally, drizzle with a little more olive oil and a bit of salt and bake for 45-60min, or until the veggies are soft and tender and browned and are caramelized at the edges. You may crumble some feta cheese on top to serve for extra deliciousness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal