If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Silky peppers in a tangy dressing are delicious on crispy bruschetta toasts. —garlic and zest
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2" thick rounds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut to 1/2" dice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package boursin cheese, softened
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the bell peppers in the oven and roast for 25 minutes or until skin is blackened and flesh is soft.
- Add raisins to a medium bowl. When peppers are cooked place the whole peppers in the bowl with the raisins and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool to room temperature.
- Heat the grill to a medium high heat (about 400 degrees). Brush the bread with olive oil. Grill the bread on both sides until browned and crispy (preferably with a little char and grill marks). Transfer bread to a baking sheet and set aside.
- Peel and seed the peppers. Slice the peppers very thinly and return to the bowl with the raisins. Add the chopped capers, vinegar, honey and olive oil. Toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and add a dash of salt and pepper if desired.
- Spread each bruschetta with boursin cheese and top with a spoonful of bell pepper mixture. Drizzle bruschetta with any leftover dressing. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with cocktails.