If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Served piping hot and oozing with flavor, this dish is decadent, rich, and full-bodied. Rice is cooked until tender in a sweet, coconut broth with dried berries and zucchini then sprinkled with toasted walnuts, saffron, and cilantro. —Tasty Plan
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup whole gran brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries or golden raisins
- 2 small zucchini or summer squash
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 pinch (about 3-4 threads) saffron
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- finishing salt & olive oil for plating
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Add coconut oil and rice. Stir for a couple minutes until rice is evenly coated in oil.
- Add water, coconut milk, salt, and goji berries. Stir once.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed (about 15 minutes)
- As the rice cooks, slice zucchini into half-inch rounds, then cut each round into 4 or 5 vertical sticks.
- Once most of the liquid is absorbed by the rice, place zucchini in the pot. Cover and cook for 35 minutes. The steam from the rice will cook the zucchini. Do not stir it into the rice!
- After 35 minutes, taste the rice for doneness. Rice should be tender. Mix zucchini into rice. Add chopped walnuts and saffron. Stir again. Serve hot with fresh cilantro leaves, flaky sea salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal