If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With cooler weather approaching, we’re taking one last moment to dream of the beach with the flavors of crab meat and Old Bay on this delicious flatbread! —Rachel (Simple Seasonal)
cup okra cut into coins
cup sweet yellow onion, diced
teaspoon and 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
cups shredded red wax gouda cheese
teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
cup fresh or frozen sweet corn
ounces super lump crab meat
cup seeded and quartered cherry tomatoes
pocketless pitas or lavash bread
- Preheat and clean your grill, and while the grill is heating prep all of your ingredients.
- Combine 1/2 tsp olive oil, 1 cup of okra cut into coins, and 1/2 cup of diced sweet yellow onions in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Sauté until the okra and onions are softened and browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Prep the gouda by shredding it and then evenly coating it with Old Bay seasoning. Quarter and seed 1 cup of cherry tomatoes. If you're using fresh corn, remove it from the husk, and if it's frozen, thaw it out.
- Once the grill is heated and cleaned set the grill to medium-low heat and brush olive oil onto one side of the lavash bread.
- Place the bread oiled side down on the grill. Quickly assemble by sprinkling with gouda, corn, okra and onion mixture, crab, and then cherry tomatoes. Shut the lid and grill 5-7 minutes. It is finished once the cheese is melted and the lavash is beginning to brown.
- Allow the flatbread to cool for a couple of minutes and then serve as an appetizer or an entree.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends