If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Green, fresh and a little bit spicy, perfect for picnics and your summer lunches.
- 300 grams dry garbanzo beans
- 1 piece shallot
- 1/4 piece red bell pepper
- 1 piece green hot chili
- 1 handful fresh dill
- 1 handful fresh chives
- 1 splash extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon or more Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 piece Iranian lighvan cheese or Feta cheese
- Prepare the garbanzo beans 1 day in advance by soaking them in cold water and changing its water 2-3 times. When they are soft enough to get bite. Place them in a pot with cold water, bring them to the boil and cook them for 20-30 minutes or until they’re ready.
- Rinse them with cold water. They should be cold and dry before start using them for the salad. Make sure the herbs and the veggies are also dry so you would have a better result.
- In a small bowl, chop & mix the shallot, bell pepper, green hot chili, dill and chives then season them with lime, extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, chili flakes, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Take a teaspoon of the mixture and grind it in a mortar/pestle, this helps the flavors of the herbs and veggies come out and give the sauce a better taste.
- Mix the chickpeas, the sauce and the crushed sauce together, taste and add seasoning if needed.
- Choose a beautiful white plate or bowl and serve the salad with some Greek feta cheese or Iranian Lighvan. Enjoy.