If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This summer wrap is beyond delicious. The crunchy cold beetroots, the lovely creamy gorgonzola and fresh salad leaves makes it a perfect summer lunch or dinner. You can prepare it for your work lunch or a picnic.
Maybe kids don’t like the strong taste of gorgonzola so you can replace it with Feta cheese or Iranian lighvan cheese and maybe add a some fresh lime juice to the beetroots. —Noghlemey
- 600 grams cooked, cold beetroot
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 200 grams gorgonzola cheese
- 1 handful your favorite greens
- 4 pieces Piadina or your favorite flat bread
- Slice the beetroots and season them with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. On bbq or in a pan, warm up the bread but do not let it dried out. Place the cheese, a bunch of green leaves and beetroot in the middle of the bread, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and wrap it up. Enjoy!