If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect garnish for basically anything, and a great base for homemade aioli. —HMMessinger
Makes 2 cups
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1 leek, cleaned and quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 small cloves garlic, whole and peeled
- 1/3 ounce thyme sprigs
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 cups grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 200° F.
- Place all ingredients in a small, heavy, oven-safe pot with a lid.
- Bake, lid on, for 6 hours, or until oil is very fragrant.
- Let cool, then strain. Keep in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Topics: Condiments & Sauces