If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An epic flavor based on the darksideofthespoon`s recipe. I just swiped the walnuts for the oat cookies for the full oatmeal experience so to say. Like a bowl of creamy oatmeal, a glass of oat-infused milk and a chewy oatmeal cookie all combined. Diviiine! —goodgalsasha
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- 50 grams cream cheese
- 75 grams crushed oat cookies
- Toast the oats in a 375F oven for 5-10min until fragrant and golden brown (stirring them once in a while as to not burn them).
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/2 cup milk, leave to rest.
- In a small saucepan combine the leftover whole milk, the heavy cream, sugar, agave syrup, pinch of salt, place on medium heat, bring to a boil, throw in the toasted oats and cook for 15-20min until the oats are cooked. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve lined with a cheesecloth, getting rid of the oats. Return the strained mixture back into the saucepan, add the seeds of 1 vanilla bean, bring to an almost boil, add the cornstarch milk and cook on medium stirring constantly until thickened. Take off heat, mix in the cream cheese, mix until fully smooth and combined. Cool to room temperature, then transfer to the fridge overnight.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Add the crushed oat cookies at the last minute of churning. Store in an airtight container in the freezer or spoon right away.