If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crispy apples in a salad roll with chicken that has a bit of curry spice, and walnut sauce (in place of traditional peanut)for dipping. They ended up addictive and delicious! This recipe really showcases the best parts of celery, and apples as well and is a fun play on the traditional with entirely different but equally delicious combinations of texture and flavor. —Alexandra V. Jones
- 4 6-inch rice paper wrappers
- 4 chicken tenderloin, seasoned with 1/4 teaspoon each salt, curry powder, pepper.
- 2 cups Baby lettuce, or Spring mix
- 2 medium celery ribs, I used the inner ones in the “heart” and used the leafy ones.
- 1 Good eating apple, cored and sliced thin. Think Fuji, Gala, crispy, sweet, but tart.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, for cooking the chicken.
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped, flat leaf parsley
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 T. oil, add seasoned chicken tenderloins, cook 4 minutes on first side, flip and cook another 3-4. Set chicken aside to rest (you can also use chilled chicken as well).
- In a blender add all the sauce ingredients, blend until creamy.
- Dip wrapper in water (I use a plate with water on it) for a few seconds. Place on a good surface for rolling (a plate is good) place 3 or 4 slices of apple on wrapper next place your chicken tenderloin that you cut in half on the bias, add lettuce and celery, roll tightly, I like to leave my ends open I think its pretty. Serve with sauce, enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples