If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love lamb, cooked many ways; but, I do not like lamb that is served with the traditional lamb jelly. Some things should not go with such a beautiful piece of meat and this is one of them. —ChezUs
- 1 1/2 lb top round lamb roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dijon
- 1 cup panko
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 325.
- n a roasting pan that can go from stove to oven, slowly heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Combine the panko and dijon to make a paste. Gently pat all over the lamb.
- Brown all sides of the meat until lightly browned.
- Put the pan into the oven and let roast until a thermometer reads 135 degrees F from rare – about 40 minutes.
- While the meat is roasting combine mint, shallots, mustard and vinegar and process until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil.
- Once the meat is cooked remove it from the oven and let sit for about 10 – 15 minutes. Thinly slice. Drizzle a little mint sauce over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Lamb