If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Another recipe that celebrates the first fall produce of the season - apples and delicata squash! The skin is often left on delicata squash, and I'm kind of on the fence about that. Here the squash is peeled and makes a soft, savory "hash" with apples and spicy ground chorizo. —Early Morning Farm
Makes a bunch
- 2 delicata squash
- 2 apples
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh chorizo
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fanrenheit.
- Use a sharp vegetable peeler to peel the delicata squash, then remove the tops and bottoms. Slice down the center, scoop out seeds, and dice the flesh.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Remove the core from the apples and dice.
- Place cubed squash, apples, and onions on a parchment lined baking sheet. Stir to combine, then toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add protein to the pan, remove sausage from the casing and add pieces to the mixture, or mix in cubed tempeh. Roast for 20 minutes, then remove pan from the oven. Stir, add sage leaves and return to the oven for 10 – 20 more minutes. Cook until sausage is cooked through and apples and squash are soft and starting to golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples