If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you’re looking for a “bake it and forget it” side dish, this would be it. Simply combine the cabbage with chopped apples and onions, then roast in the oven until the edges just begin to brown. —Primal Palate
- 1 head Green Cabbage, shredded
- 2 Granny Smith Apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Duck Fat
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the shredded cabbage in a large baking dish.
- Top the cabbage with the onion and onion.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Top with duck fat, and place the dish in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, and stir to combine the veggies with the melted fat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples