If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This wheat berry salad is one to die for! It’s delicious warm or cold, it is filling and super satisfying. It makes a perfect side dish and a delightful main. —greenevi
- 1 cup wheat berries (soaked overnight)
- 1-2 apples
- 1 bunch parsley
- 3 celery stalks
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinches salt
- pinches pepper
- pinches red pepper flakes
- Cook wheat berries in salted water for about 25-30 minutes.
- While wheat berries are cooking roast almonds. Cut roasted almonds, apple, celery into smaller pieces, chop parsley finely and add to a large bowl.
- For the dressing mix together tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, water and seasoning.
- Drain wheat berries, add to the salad with the dressing and mix everything together.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples