If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a fabulously delicious and easy to make savory treat. —Karen Fasimpaur
Saute (This stage can be done ahead if you like.)
large tart and crisp apples, peeled and sliced
tablespoons sage, chopped
- Pour a couple tablespoons of olive oil into a saute pan and add a couple tablespoons of butter to melt.
- Add shallots. Saute until soft but not brown.
- Add apples. Saute lightly for a just a few minutes so apples remain crisp.
- Add sage, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
pizza crust (preferably homemade sourdough)
cup sharp cheddar, grated
- Brush pizza crust lightly with olive oil. Spread apple mixture on top. Sprinkle with cheddar.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven until done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples