If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Canned pumpkin has many more uses than just pumpkin pie. Here it's mixed with tart green apples (like Granny Smith) and seasoned with a spicy curry. Check the pumpkin label carefully to make sure you're not getting pumpkin pie mix. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/pumpkin-curry-soup —Healthline
- 4 tart green apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot sprayed with cooking spray, cook onion over medium-high heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add apples and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and cumin and cook 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, or until apples and onion is tender.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender until smooth.
- Return to heat and bring back to a simmer. Serve ho
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples