If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is rich with the flavors of autumn. It's simple enough to prepare for a quick evening at home but is also rich and delicious enough for special occasions. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/butternut-squash-apple-and-ginger-soup —Healthline
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add squash and next 5 ingredients and cook 5 minutes. Add just enough broth to cover vegetables and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Using a food processor or blender, carefully process soup and broth, in small batches, until smooth. Return pureed soup to pot and stir in additional until desired consistency is achieved. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Apples