If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe come from Kachka in Portland, Oregon—henceforth known as the place I fell in love with kidney beans, of all things. (Note: I've used harissa in place of Turkish red pepper paste in this, and the salad is still great.) —Kenzi Wilbur
Serves 4 to 6
For the salad:
- 2 quarts cooked kidney beans
- 2/3 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and sieved to remove find crumbs
- 1 cup crumbled sheep's milk feta
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons Turkish hot pepper paste (we use Sera brand; see note in headnote)
- 1 teaspoon ground marigold
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Combine beans, onion, cilantro, parsley, and walnuts in a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together garlic, pepper paste, marigold, cinnamon, pomegranate molasses, olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt in a separate bowl.
- Dress the bean mixture with the dressing. Taste for seasoning. Add more salt or lemon as needed. Top with crumbled feta and gently mix to combine.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!