If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A much needed to change to my boring breakfast routine, although this toast can be served any time of the day.
Grilled figs are my favorite, and can be prepared a day ahead using an outdoor grill or a grill pan on the stove. However, any fruit of your choice will suffice, caramelized pears, apples or even your favorite jam —Big City Kitchen
- 1 cup fresh sheep's milk ricotta cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 6 fresh figs, halved
- coconut oil spray
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 1" thick slices of wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup micro-greens
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- drizzle of honey (optional)
- Combine ricotta cheese and lemon zest and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to medium high, brush figs with 1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar, then spray with a bit of coconut oil to prevent them from sticking. Grill until caramelized, about 1 minute per side.
- Toast bread and top with ricotta cheese, micro-greens, grilled figs and salt & pepper to taste. Top with remaining balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of honey for a touch more sweetness if desired.