If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A whole pot of hearty minestrone in under an hour! —garlic and zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized coins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced crosswise into 1/2" pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-7 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 4-oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup diced red potato
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1/2 cup ditalini (or other small pasta)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the carrots, onions, celery and garlic and sauté, until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add the potatoes, basil, marjoram, thyme, bay leaf and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the tomatoes, kidney beans and farro. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and cook to al dente (according to package directions). Three to four minutes before the pasta is finished cooking, stir in the frozen beans, corn and peas. You want the pasta to be done and the veg to be heated through, but not mushy. Serve.