If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my best attempt at recreating a salad from a catered lunch at my office and I got hopelessly addicted to; add whatever you like (currants? chopped parsley or fresh spinach? small chunks of apples?) to make it your dream side. —Kendra Vaculin
Serves 4 as a side
- 1/2 cup dry Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a few serious turns of fresh ground pepper
- Add couscous, stock, cumin, coriander, and ginger to a small pot. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring sometimes, until the liquid is all evaporated and the couscous is soft.
- In a large bowl, mix couscous, carrots, chickpeas, garlic, feta, and almonds. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!