If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked chocolate donuts with matcha glaze —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes 24 mini donuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease mini muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Crack in the egg, spoon in the sour cream, and pour in the oil and the vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour in the boiling water, and slowly mix until smooth and liquidy.
- Carefully spoon batter in the donut pan only filling half way full.
- Bake until risen and browned, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare the matcha glaze, whisk all ingredients slowly until slightly thickened and completely smooth.
- Dunk each donut into the glaze, and place it on a wire rack. Let glaze set for 5 minutes.