Author Notes: Have a little pumpkin left after making those pies? Make these little palmiers and serve them up warm! —inpatskitchen
cup pure canned pumpkin
ounces softened cream cheese
tablespoons granulated sugar, divided (3/1)
teaspoon ground ginger
gratings of nutmeg
tablespoons very finely chopped pecans
teaspoon of your favorite bourbon
sheet puff pastry from a 17.3 ounce package
egg beaten with 2 tablespoons water
In This Recipe
- Beat the pumpkin, cream cheese, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and 3 tablespoons of sugar together until creamy. Stir in the finely ground pecans and the bourbon.
- On a clean work surface, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the sugar over about the size of your puff pastry sheet and lay the sheet over. Roll the sheet to form a 10x12 inch rectangle.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture over the pastry sheet to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Starting at the short end, roll the sheet to the middle and then do the same with the other end. The twin rolls should be touching.
- Place the roll in the freezer while you pre heat the oven to 425F. At this point you can also wrap and freeze the roll to bake another day. Just slightly defrost before baking.
- Once the oven is pre heated, take the roll out of the freezer, trim the ends and cut crosswise into 12 equal pieces. Place the pieces, cut side down, on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush each piece with a little of the egg wash and bake for 14 to 18 minutes. Best served warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe