If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I tend to be over cautious before sharing my recipes. THis was an absolute hit at home but all the same tucking in into a large 10 inch pie in its entirety over a couple of days (because you don't want to waste it) tends to make you satiated enough that you don't really feel like making this dish for some time. and then before you know it, spring is here and its past Pie season and ingredients like pumpkin puree aren't readily dropping off the shelves.
The inspiration for the eggless cheesecake like filling comes from a classic Bengali dessert called 'Bhapa Doi' where Sweetened yogurt is baked in a steam environment. —Panfusine
Makes: 1 nine inch tart
ounces box Gingersnap cookies
tablespoons cold Butter
- Combine the ingredients in a food processor and run until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Pat the mixture evenly on a 9 inch Tart pan. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes and allow to cool completely
Faux 'Pumpkin Cheesecake' crust
cup Pumpkin puree
cups Plain Greek yogurt
can condensed milk
teaspoon Chai Masala*
pinch citric Acid
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until it orms a smooth mixture
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Place a rectangular pan on the floor (lowest rack) of the oven and fill this pan with scalding hot water.
- Pour the Pumpkin mixture into the gingersnap crust and bake 'cheesecake' tark for 25 minutes until the filling has set. REmove from the oven and chill completely. Serve with a dollop of sweetened cream if desired.
- I used my own recipe for the Chai Masala spice blend, but feel free to use any other recipe for the blend that you may prefer. https://food52.com/recipes/15175-chai-spice-blend
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe