If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What's thanksgiving without gravy? ANd this is a gravy anyone can eat, vegan/gluten free peps alike! —Colleen Stem
Makes 2 1/2-3 cups
- 7-8 cremini mushrooms
- 2 large kale leaves
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy or tamari
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Dice onion into small bits, slice mushrooms nice and thin and dice garlic into wee little pieces.. Toss into a skillet with a bit of olive oil on medium heat and let mixture soften and smell nice and fragrant. Toss in the dried herbs, nutritional yeast and soy sauce and let cook for another few minutes until the mixture sucks up all the soy sauce and the veggies start to brown.
- Add in the water and whisk in the corn starch. Turn heat to low and let simmer until gravy starts to thicken. Finely chop the kale and toss into gravy when its about done.. Simmer for another 5 or so minutes or until you can't wait any longer….Serve straight from the pan or transfer to a gravy holding device,. Pour gravy on everything!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe